Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eboyblue3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Hello,

First post here. Anyways, I'm one of the unlucky ones to own a PowerPC mac ONLY, and I want to emulate Windows on here. Could you please help me? Very confused right now. :confused:

Last edited:

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
It's not really practical. It is possible, with PearPC (I think), but it doesn't really work - at all.

eboyblue3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
It's not really practical. It is possible, with PearPC (I think), but it doesn't really work - at all.
Downloaded PearPC, now I'm not good at compiling this junk.

----------

Logging off for tonight

MichaelLAX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
VirtualPC by Connectix

Hello,

First post here. Anyways, I'm one of the unlucky ones to own a PowerPC mac ONLY, and I want to emulate Windows on here. Could you please help me? Very confused right now. :confused:

For years, I used a product called VirtualPC by Connectix. I was horribly slow, BUT IT WORKED! I only had very limited needs for it...

It worked up to and including G4 PPCs.

Ultimately, Microsoft bought the technology and updated and released it for G5's. I think you can still find it on eBay for sale. Yes, I see plenty of the for sale on eBay; just search for VirtualPC...

Ironically, when I upgraded to Intel Macs, I was able to "extract" the Windows XP that came with the last version of VirtualPC that I purchased, and I have been using that licensed copy of Windows XP in Boot Camp and Parallels, ever since; including now in Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.