Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

St8kout

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Opened the cover and nothing. Pressed the home button and nothing. Held down the top button and nothing. I had just used it a few hours earlier and thought maybe the battery was dead, so I plugged it in and set it aside waiting for the familiar beep. Less than a minute or so the screen finally lit up with the rotating circle, and I see it still has 56% battery life left. Is there another way to make it wake up?

Unkei

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
ipad3 went to sleep and wouldn't wake up

Opened the cover and nothing. Pressed the home button and nothing. Held down the top button and nothing. I had just used it a few hours earlier and thought maybe the battery was dead, so I plugged it in and set it aside waiting for the familiar beep. Less than a minute or so the screen finally lit up with the rotating circle, and I see it still has 56% battery life left. Is there another way to make it wake up?

Try doing a reset by holding down Power Switch and Home Button at same time for a few seconds. THe Apple logo should come up and iPad will reboot.
Unkei

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.