Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
ML DP3 doesn't let me in sent a capital letter for the account name like the rest of OS X did. Is this for everyone or just me?

I like having my account saying atMac not atmac.

Nero Wolfe

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Atlanta, GA
ML DP3 doesn't let me in sent a capital letter for the account name like the rest of OS X did. Is this for everyone or just me?

I like having my account saying atMac not atmac.

I had this issue in DP2. But only for the first account created (in first-run setup). I made an Admin account and it forced lowercase. Then when I made additional accounts (in SysPrefs) it worked normally. I guess if it's a big deal to you just make a dummy account then make the real one later and delete the dummy. Assuming DP3 works as DP2 did...

atMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
I had this issue in DP2. But only for the first account created (in first-run setup). I made an Admin account and it forced lowercase. Then when I made additional accounts (in SysPrefs) it worked normally. I guess if it's a big deal to you just make a dummy account then make the real one later and delete the dummy. Assuming DP3 works as DP2 did...

You are correct, that fixed it. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.