Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sleepman67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
I am using my ipad 1st generation to link to my business website to display online interactive questionaire to clients.

Heres the issue,
I use kiosk pro lite as the app to access and use the ipad as a kiosk and that works great! I can access my site by simply opening the kiosk pro lite app and it is setup to link to my website. Once in the site , the site is locked in. The home button is covered so noone can exit out of the site so it remains open for theclients to complete the online questionaire.

The problem is that I noticed that after about 24-48 hours the questionaire screen is reverting back to the initial log on screen that requires the administrator to select a location and a pin number in order to display the questionaire screen. This is obviously creating the issue of having to go to that physical location and log back into the questionaire screen.

Can anyone advise me how to resolve this.

My suspicions have been:

Internet connectivity loss
My hosting vendors server has failed
Qlitch in the site coding
Glitch in the kiosk app
Ipad browser defaulting back to the initial log in url

I think I have ruled out a disconnect from internet connection at this point.

Thanks

ArmorActive

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2011
Kiosk Mode for iPad

Sleepman,

Usually we see connectivity of the wifi causing most problems. Our company, http://www.ipadenclosures.com installs many of these type of iPad kiosks for companies and wifi is first culprit, followed by crashes do to app or kiosk wrapper. Kiosk Pro is the best out there but it is still buggy. Sometimes it could be the webpage you are loading up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.