Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

panoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Hello
New mac owner but reading hear a lot in last two month.
I'm on macboook pro and have 3 devices with usb.
-RME Babyface audio interface
-Arturia The Factory keyboard
-Goflex 500GB external drive 7200rpm (project+samples).

I want your recommendation for an usb hub,so I can hook external drive +keyboard and if it possible second screen monitor to the same port on mbp.
Also hooking all this on the same port (with out the screen at list)..will it slower the external drive?
I prefer that rme will be on his own.

Thank you all

PAPO

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
Australia
if you need performance don't hub what you don't have to, USB is slow enough at the best of times, wait for belkin's new thunderbolt hub, it has 3 USB FW800 and more, all on thunderbolt so you won't have to worry about loading too much onto 1 bus

panoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
belkin's new thunderbolt hub will be 299$.
too much.

Last edited:

PAPO

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
Australia
the problem is I get the feeling that your audio interface won't like a hub, and if the HDD is a scratch disc your recordings will keep stopping unexpectedly.

that being said just make sure you get a USB hub with an independent power supply, they're fairly cheap so you'll only be out about $20-$50 if it doesn't work

panoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
I found a solution....I can add firewire (even thunderbolt) convertor to my goflex drive.
That will be much better.
thanks for help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.