PDA

View Full Version : Stop It.

Goftrey
Apr 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
I have noticed 3 people have recently downvoted all of my recent posts.

I don't know who you are or why you're doing it but can I ask you to please just stop it. I don't want other members getting bad impressions from me as as far as I can tell I haven't done anything wrong.

The downvotes have only been in this suborum so given its a pretty small community it's obviously personal.

Please just stop it or at least own up to your cowardly behaviour.

macbook pro i5
Apr 20, 2012, 08:46 PM

I don't know who you are or why you're doing it but can I ask you to please just stop it. I don't want other members getting bad impressions from me as as far as I can tell I haven't done anything wrong.

The downvotes have only been in this suborum so given its a pretty small community it's obviously personal.

Dont worry about the loser down voters:) I've had that happen to me also and after a while I didn't care.

Ariii
Apr 20, 2012, 08:48 PM

I upvoted your status. :D

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized how stupid and obnoxious that was.

MochaBook
Apr 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
Maybe people are sick of children with no experience that constantly try to act like they know something.

Goftrey
Apr 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
Maybe people are sick of children with no experience that constantly try to act like they know something.

Granted, I don't have years & years of experience like a number of people on here do, but if I don't have advice or an answer for the given question I won't answer it.

Why would I post absolute nonsense? There is no need. I, hands down, will only reply to a thread if I have knowledge of it.

For example. I had 3 downvotes on a thread regarding TiBook prices. I scoured the internet for hours before buying my TiBook so I honestly don't know how or why someone would downvote me that.

Nameci
Apr 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
Don't mind the down votes. Go on with your life. It doesn't make you less human.

MochaBook
Apr 20, 2012, 09:06 PM
It would be wiser to not make a thread about this because it makes you seem desperate. Maybe rather than make this thread and point the finger at other people you should observe your own posting habits. You must be doing something wrong to get 3 people obsessively down voting you.

Goftrey
Apr 20, 2012, 09:09 PM
It would be wiser to not make a thread about this because it makes you seem desperate. Maybe rather than make this thread and point the finger at other people you should observe your own posting habits. You must be doing something wrong to get 3 people obsessively down voting you.

I'm not desperate, please, it's an online forum.

But what's up with my posting habits? If I am doing something wrong I'd like to put it right or at least know what I'm doing wrong.

Apr 20, 2012, 09:13 PM

You go girl.

5 Star Thread.

eyoungren
Apr 20, 2012, 09:20 PM
You must be doing something wrong to get 3 people obsessively down voting you.
Don't know if I agree with that. I could see your point if nobody else was up voting him. But there are, which suggests that the "3" could possibly be wrong in their opinion/actions. Not that they would see it that way though.

Personally, I'd rather have him excited over Macs and willing to participate and help where he can versus other alternatives that he could be engaging in.

Guidance is always better than a hammer.

MochaBook
Apr 20, 2012, 09:21 PM
I have not been around long enough to know enough about your posting habits but I have seen a couple of your videos to see how young you are. Combine that with the fact that I see you throw your say into almost every single thread with either wrong or very general info that anyone can learn in a few seconds on google.

It's also a bit bold and overbearing to tell people to stop voting you down. Any one of us has the right to vote any post up or down. You never vote posts down?

Goftrey
Apr 20, 2012, 09:32 PM
I have seen a couple of your videos to see how young you are.

So is it a bad thing to be a teenager? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your point here.

I see you throw your say into almost every single thread with either wrong or very general info that anyone can learn in a few seconds on google.

Care to give a few examples?

It's also a bit bold and overbearing to tell people to stop voting you down. Any one of us has the right to vote any post up or down. You never vote posts down?

I'm not telling anyone to stop downvoting me, I'm just asking for an answer as to why they are doing it. And I do vote down, for posts that contribute to the thread in no way whatsoever.

Apr 20, 2012, 09:38 PM

So is it a bad thing to be a teenager? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your point here.

Care to give a few examples?

I'm not telling anyone to stop downvoting me, I'm just asking for an answer as to why they are doing it. And I do vote down, for posts that contribute to the thread in no way whatsoever.

Come again? :confused:

MacHappytjg
Apr 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
its rather funny seeing every post being down voted in this site, im guessing if someone doesnt agree they will automatically down vote it i wouldnt be to angered by it

sl33t
Apr 20, 2012, 10:28 PM
the down votes are nothing personal, you just make crappy and pointless posts.........kinda like this topic..........a mod should delete this as it has absolutely no relevence to powerpc's

Macman756
Apr 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
Chill out Drama Queen

Medic278
Apr 21, 2012, 01:19 AM
OP its an online forum, don't get so riled over it. To be honest your showing your own immaturity by creating an entire thread dedicated to you getting down voted. Just ignore it, it happens, sometimes people are not going to agree with you its called life. I don't see why you felt the need to let everyone know that your being down voted. To be honest I don't even look at votes and I would venture a guess that a lot of other people don't notice it either, all your doing is calling attention to yourself. In conclusion, please grow up, be mature about it and move on, its an online forum not life or death.

Macman45
Apr 21, 2012, 01:22 AM
OP:

You make valid points, but drawing attention to this simply encourages the down voters.

I have been down voted for fixing things, helping out etc. The only course of action that makes any sense is to simply ignore it. You will drive yourself crazy, and probably away from these boards if you pay too much attention to a meaningless gesture like this.

miles01110
Apr 21, 2012, 01:29 AM
You've noticed that the second someone starts whining about something as inconsequential as negative votes, you get negative votes.

Besides, people are going to think you're a joke because of what you post... not how many downvotes you have.

Starfighter
Apr 21, 2012, 02:33 AM
Loud noises!

aziatiklover
Apr 21, 2012, 02:35 AM
Internet is SIRIous biznet!

Apple fanboy
Apr 21, 2012, 02:45 AM
I have noticed 3 people have recently downvoted all of my recent .

Who cares about votes. I always read a post and judge what it has to say on it's own merit. Don't worry about what people say about you or your posts. There are more important things to worry about!

LostSoul80
Apr 21, 2012, 02:45 AM
With this thread, things will only get worse.

Macman45
Apr 21, 2012, 02:57 AM
^^^^

Op: See what I mean?

Medic278
Apr 21, 2012, 03:13 AM
^^^^

Op: See what I mean?

You speak the truth, although one has to think that he would have realized this and just wanted the attention in the end.

JoeG4
Apr 21, 2012, 03:16 AM
lol you think that's annoying? Some people downvote anything that isn't a picture in the mac setup thread. pisses me off!

WG81402
Apr 21, 2012, 04:57 AM
I see good old MacRumors is still the same... picking on a young kid (Gotfrey) that's learning. How childish.

What a joke of a forum. Now I know why MacRumors is the butt of many jokes on REAL Mac forums. Even PC forums crack MacRumors jokes. Over the past few years, this place has turned into nothing but a bunch of arrogant *******s. I joined on here back in 2004 under another name, and it used to be a good place.

It's funny how the put downs go on for 2 pages because he's a newer/younger member, but if it had anything to do with a seasoned member, it would have been locked or deleted and warnings would have been issued. Always picking on the smaller ones, eh?

Sick. :rolleyes:

maflynn
Apr 21, 2012, 05:46 AM
Please use the existing feedback threads to discuss the voting buttons
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1153058