Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarred

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Is anyone playing Tera online in bootcamp on a Macbook Air (or 13" pro)? Wondering how the HD 3000 holds up with it...

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
I haven't tested it on my Air, due to the space requirements of the game.
What I can say so far is that the client seems very optimized.

Everything is rock stable on my PC with all maxed even with tons of people present.

rpmucha23

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2009
Running it on my MBA 11 (4gb/256gb/i7) and is very playable at native resolution with settings turned to low. Colors/textures are a little drab and "pop-in" is noticeable. But it allows me to do some questing and crafting quite easily.

Tried using a wired xbox controller, but it wasnt my style. Luckily i brought my Logitech Performance MX (which works quite well on the arm of the couch) I should of packed my Belkin Nt52e instead of the xbox controller.

Downloading Aion to see how it runs on the MBA now.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
I think I remember reading that any computer from the last 4 years will be able to run it, so I would think the HD 3000 will be fine. There are some youtube videos of it running and it looks very good.

I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 to decide whether or not I will get into Tera. One of those MMOs will own me.

rpmucha23

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2009
I ordered the GW2 Collectors Edition and already tried a beta weekend of GW2, its pretty good, but Tera is winning me over so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.