PDA

View Full Version : Casecrown Carbon Fiber Omni for the new iPad: Review

Vulcan4770
Apr 21, 2012, 05:19 PM
Check out the pictures on Metagamers.com! (http://www.metagamers.com/)

Retail: $35.95 4.5 out of 5 Stars!

Casecrown has updated its product line of iPad cases to support the new iPad and has added a new updated version of their Omni case. I have reviewed the Omni for the iPad 2 and I also gave it a good review but this one is much better and tops the previous version. Casecrown offers its new Omni in Carbon Fiber and regular Black options. I have the Carbon fiber version and might I add, the pictures on their website do not give you a true representation on how the carbon fiber really looks. So lets dive into my review!

Pros

Auto wake/sleep works great and the magnets are strong enough to hold the cover in stand mode without falling apart.

Carbon fiber design is very cool and I would recommend this option over regular black. Its very stylish and gives it the extra bling without being “cheap or ugly”

All ports for buttons are aligned well.

Smart cover like design for typing angle and portrait mode work great.

Reasonably priced, and worth the cost.

Matte black finish on the shell of the case is a little smoother than previous version.

Cons

Not designed to offer superior protection from drops.

Headphone port could be wider for larger headphones.

Due to the matte finish and carbon fiber design it will attract some fingerprints on front and more on the back matte side.

Magnets could be slightly stronger.

Cover slightly raises near side of the hinge, won’t always lay completely flat.

Will watch for cracks or possible flaws in corners (some cases have this issue).

Conclusion

This is a great case and my favorite that Casecrown has to offer on their iPad product line. It won’t offer a superior amount of protection but for those who want a stylish and sleek design while covering your iPad then this will do. If you want to pick one up you can check it out on Casecrown’s website. Don’t forget to try out the carbon fiber one.

*Writer for Metagamers.com, follow me @Vulcan4770*

Vulcan4770
Apr 23, 2012, 11:55 AM
Casecrown also plans to have it available in Purple, Green, Orange, Lime Green, as well as Navy Blue and Purple in the Carbon Fiber design

jjk454ss
Jun 18, 2012, 02:52 PM
Whats your impressions after using this for a while? I just got mine and the main thing I don't like is how the cover is raised near the hinge when closed, after use does this lay flat?

-TYLER
Jun 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
Whats your impressions after using this for a while? I just got mine and the main thing I don't like is how the cover is raised near the hinge when closed, after use does this lay flat?

Have had mine for two weeks and it is laying almost perfectly flat now.

jjk454ss
Jun 18, 2012, 03:44 PM
Have had mine for two weeks and it is laying almost perfectly flat now.

OK, good to know, thats my only real big issue with it. I have the iPad out of it, with a chair sitting on it trying to bend the hinge downward quicker right now. Thanks for the info.

-TYLER
Jun 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
OK, good to know, thats my only real big issue with it. I have the iPad out of it, with a chair sitting on it trying to bend the hinge downward quicker right now. Thanks for the info.

Only problem I have had with it is fingerprints on the back, not really a problem on front though.

jjk454ss
Jun 18, 2012, 03:54 PM
Only problem I have had with it is fingerprints on the back, not really a problem on front though.

I can see where the back would get fingerprints, but that's OK. I hope I end up liking this case, I heard good things about it, and it sounds like you like yours too. So hopefully its good, I'll just leave it under the chair till tomorrow:).