PDA

View Full Version : Zinio Subscription vs Newstand Subscription

adl27
Apr 21, 2012, 05:36 PM
Zinio is running a 2 years for the price of 1 special on a magazine that I am interested in. The magazine(Martha Stewart Food) also has its own dedicated app, and the magazine would show up in Newstand. I've never bought a subscription through Zinio and am wondering if there is a huge difference or a reason not to use the better deal?

GoCubsGo
Apr 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
I just tried newsstand and I really like it but zinio's pricing in some cases works out better. What I do like about Zinio's is that I can zoom. This would be useful to you since that mag has recipies. Unless I'm doing something wrong in newsstand, I couldn't zoom. Point is, I'd go with whatever service gave me the best price.

GIZBUG
Jul 21, 2012, 04:16 PM
Zinio.
Automatically downloads your magazines.

Spankey
Jul 21, 2012, 09:19 PM
I just switched my subs over to newsstand. More of the magazines I want and in most cases you are getting a better multimedia experience.

Really enjoying the Newsstand magazines.

vertigo235
Jul 22, 2012, 02:28 PM
Zino is better because text scales and is crisp, where newsstand it appears to be pixelated and unclear.

rhett7660
Jul 22, 2012, 07:56 PM
Another vote for Zinio. I have several subscriptions going through them. Love the fact I can have X number of magazines on my iPad at one time. Great for travel and just sitting and reading.