PDA

View Full Version : Reminders vs wunderlist

jcorbin
Apr 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Wirelessly posted

Is there really a difference? They seem to have the same functionality. Anyone use one over the other for a particular reason

007bond
Apr 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
Wirelessly posted

Is there really a difference? They seem to have the same functionality. Anyone use one over the other for a particular reason

The advantage to using Wunderlist is that it supports multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mac, and PC. It also has a web version.

Reminders only supports iPhone and works through the Calendar Web Apps through various services(Google Calendar or iCloud).

I prefer Wunderlist because it is much easier to setup and use on all of my devices.

jcorbin
Apr 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
Wirelessly posted

I decided on awesome note. I used to use springpad because it did notes and tasks but after the last update it's useless

jcorbin
Apr 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
Wirelessly posted

Well I'm back to wunderlist after realizing a web interface is a must.

I'm still torn because reminders just seems a bit cleaner.

head4space
Jul 9, 2012, 09:29 AM
There is a comparison here: www.reminders-vs-wunderlist.com - I'm a Wunderlist fan myself.

seajay96
Jul 9, 2012, 11:35 AM
Wirelessly posted

Well I'm back to wunderlist after realizing a web interface is a must.

I'm still torn because reminders just seems a bit cleaner.

Reminders will have a web interface soon:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1397754

jjk454ss
Jul 9, 2012, 02:04 PM
The best thing about Reminders, and why I always end up using it over others, is the ability to tell Siri to add a reminder for you. If Siri could add to other apps I'd probably look elsewhere, but using my voice is so quick and easy.

chillzone
Jul 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
I would switch exclusively to Reminders, but Wunderlist has a beautiful printout feature. I use it to print out questions when I do interviews for my podcast.

mattopotamus
Jul 19, 2012, 01:29 PM
The best thing about Reminders, and why I always end up using it over others, is the ability to tell Siri to add a reminder for you. If Siri could add to other apps I'd probably look elsewhere, but using my voice is so quick and easy.

i think that is a feature of ios6...siri in other apps. With that said, i double apple would let it set reminders in a different app since you cannot change the default app

From A Buick 8
Jul 19, 2012, 02:21 PM
I like reminders, i just wish i could setup all of the options from initial create screen. You hit + to add, create your reminder then you have to leave it and come back to setup an actual reminder for a date or place (unless i am doing it wrong).

jjk454ss
Jul 19, 2012, 08:55 PM
I like reminders, i just wish i could setup all of the options from initial create screen. You hit + to add, create your reminder then you have to leave it and come back to setup an actual reminder for a date or place (unless i am doing it wrong).

I agree. I like Due because it's quick and easy when typing in your reminder. But I typically always use Siri to add it to the Reminder.app then I dont have to type anything at all.

From A Buick 8
Jul 20, 2012, 05:58 AM
I agree. I like Due because it's quick and easy when typing in your reminder. But I typically always use Siri to add it to the Reminder.app then I dont have to type anything at all.

When you use Siri (still only a IP4 here), will Siri add the reminder place or time as well.

jjk454ss
Jul 20, 2012, 06:25 AM
When you use Siri (still only a IP4 here), will Siri add the reminder place or time as well.

Yes, and it works very well.

From A Buick 8
Jul 20, 2012, 02:25 PM
Yes, and it works very well.

Cool, i will use this alot. My contract is up in january, excited about getting a nice upgrade.