Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
hillmancurtis.com said:
Hillman passed away at home on April 18th at 6:03 pm in the presence of his loving wife, two children, his sister, sister in law and brother in law. He was 51 years old and died after a long and fiercely fought battle with colon cancer.

Hillman deeply loved his work, all of it -- film directing, graphic design, all aspects of new media -- and he especially loved his talented mentors, friends and students in these fields. His favorite topic was inspiration and he made sure to surround himself with it and find it in everything -- his colleagues, his family, New York City, art, film and all of you.

He loved you all and took energy from those with whom he corresponded, exchanged ideas and with his fans.

Sweet Prince Hill, true gentleman, good dad and passionate artist, Rest in Peace.

So saddened to read this earlier today, such an influential multi-disciplinary designer, and an often imitated one at that. :(

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
Strange that this is the first I've heard of this. He was a well-known guy, although, obviously he's been off the radar for a while.

I met him briefly a couple of years back when he was touring his book on web video. Just an inspiring guy to listen to. Too few people love what they do.

I'm genuinely upset by this news. I'm going to make time to re-read his books.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.