Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BizRunner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Iowa City, Iowa
So I am helping my father move from MM to iCloud. He is a school principal so his schedule is quite important, and I have to be careful. His school tech department is also mentally challenged it seems, so this is all me. I know macs well though, and I use iCloud myself.

Wouldn't it be easier to just turn off MM syncing on all of his devices first. Then I would set up a NEW iCloud account, not transfer from MM. He only uses the MM calendar and contacts.

Then I could tell iCloud to sync his calendar from his MacBook, and then beam it down to his iPhone and iPad.

Thoughts?

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4)

I would follow recommend migration. First make sure ALL devices are fully sync properly. When you do the migration it handles everything. I believe it uploads contacts or calendar from your one of your iOS devices. This is why I say make sure all is synced and just let it do the migration. Took me 10 - 15 minutes for 2 accounts on my fily plan and no problems. Easy.

----------

One more thing. Very important that ALL devices be iCloud Compatible. I believe that would be ALL Mac's on Lion and ALL iOS at level 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.