Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theRick119

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Is there a smart cover compatible back case with a built in magnet?

I basically want the Devicewear Bidgeway but with smart cover compatibility and one that DOESNT lock the front cover in.

Anything like that available yet?

----------

wow... I read through 15 threads and tried a couple search terms and somehow didn't see the MagSnap thread. Yeah that is what I want. Little pricey though. I'll send a check for the wasted bandwidth.

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Is there a smart cover compatible back case with a built in magnet?

I basically want the Devicewear Bidgeway but with smart cover compatibility and one that DOESNT lock the front cover in.

----------

wow... I read through 15 threads and tried a couple search terms and somehow didn't see the MagSnap thread. Yeah that is what I want. Little pricey though. I'll send a check for the wasted bandwidth.

Also the Belkin Snap Shield Secure, though it's more than a little fragile, and the Tucano Vedo (TPU). The Tucano Magico (hard shell) reportedly fits the new iPad as well, assuming that's your device.

If you poke around the threads, you'll also find someone selling 3M EMI Absorbing tape by the individual strip. It's apparently ferrous, so you can put it on the inside of a generic back shell and it'll hold the smart cover back.

Illstateofmind

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012

----------

Devicewear's Union will be out in a few weeks. It's the Bridgeway minus the front cover and compatible with the smart cover.

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
How about this one?

http://goincase.com/products/detail/magnetic-snap-case-cl60137

It was just released a few days ago. You can order it online or if you have a Best Buy near you they carry them as well.

Just picked one of these up at Target this weekend, on clearance for $11.88. I saw somewhere that it didn't seem like a YMMV on these items, so you may want to check your local Target to see. Case seems to be holding up after 2 days, no complaints here.

theRick119

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Thanks for the replies. I checked out a few targets tonight but came up empty. Did walk out with an origami keyboard case for $9 something though.

Ended up grabbing the Mag Snap at Best Buy for $40. Works How's it going? I hoped it would, but I've been using my iPad naked most of the time since lunch so it feels especially weighted now and the texture is throwing me off.

I'll give it a week. Might end up with a sleeve instead though and just leave the back naked.

theRick119

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
How did you get the origami case for $9!?!?!?

Target clearance section. They had quite a iPad related accessories on a couple different end caps marked anywhere from 50-75% off. I don't know if I really even need it, but it seemed like a deal worth going for.

And I apologize for not reading before posting in my previous effort.

"Works How's it going?"

"How's it going?" is a text snippet on my iPad :(

deepdivermw

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
Nay to the Incase

I would recommend against the Incase, after experiencing it for over two months I must say that such is a true waste of money. The outer magnet losses its adhesion and will, in time, peel off from the case itself. It also has a tendency to muffle the speaker to a noticeable affect. Sadly to say, I still have not found a smart cover compatible case with magnets. Though the Incase is unique in this matter, still, it does not deserve the investment of any person.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
The Devicewear Union should meet your requirements. It will not lock your smart cover but it does have the magnet to keep it attached to the back of the shell when in book mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.