PDA

View Full Version : Games for disabled (one hand stationary operation)

840quadra
Apr 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
Hello,

I have just recently purchased my 1st iPad, simply because I want to use it as an educational / entertainment tool for some family members that were recently in a bad car accident. Both are doing fine now, and are starting to look for things to do besides watching Cable TV!

I have picked up a few game demos on the App Store, some math based flash cards and such for the 1st grader were simple to find. So far finding the 11th grader stuff to keep entertained has been more of a struggle.

I am hoping some people here in the MacRumors community has experience with special needs kids, and could offer up a variety of suggestions.

Thanks!

Ashwood11
Apr 23, 2012, 09:12 AM
Solitaire app

When I was in elementary school I spent many hours playing and watching my Grandmother play Solitaire with a deck of cards. it's a good choice for all ages.

dukeblue91
Apr 23, 2012, 09:53 AM
Yes there are some cool card games and some puzzle games too.
I do play a lot of slot machine games but i'm a adult and don't know if the parents would be okay with this for the 11th grader.

840quadra
Apr 24, 2012, 07:16 AM
Thanks,

Some of those suggestions may work. I ended up calling a local elementary school and talked to one of their technology advisors regarding iPad applications. She was going to look into what they had, and what would work in my situation and send some suggestions later this week.

I think I should be set!

rdowns
Apr 24, 2012, 07:32 AM
What about Flight Control?

840quadra
Apr 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
What about Flight Control?

Haha I totally forgot about that too! Haven't been on that since Game Center first went online.

Thanks!

dancj
Apr 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
All of the following are great and will play well one handed:

Plants vs Zombies
Fruit Ninja
Tiny Wings
Canabalt
Mirror's Edge
Temple Run
Gravity Guy
Toki Tori