Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z6128

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
is it just me or is the 20in ACD screen a lot more crisp and vibrant than the 20in iMac screen. i was at CompUSA yesterday (trying to decide what Mac to buy :D ) and i thought that the ACD had a better picture (which was hooked up to a mac mini w/ only 32mb vram). so is it just me or is the ACD a better display?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
FF_productions said:
iMac screen is widescreen, the cinema display is not...Im not sure about this one...

The 20" is widescreen: [from Apple.com/hardware] "20-inch Cinema Display. Wide aspect (1680x1050 resolution) and great picture quality at an incredible price, just $799."

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Artful Dodger said:
Also to do a fair test look for and try to set the colors up on say the same picture (on both machines) and then adjust the settings. Just think how many people can't keep from playing with things then just up and walk away.

Yeah I agree. It's likely the brightness wasn't set at the same level, and it being a CompUSA display, it's likely it has been abused. (At least the ones I've seen). I would try going be and making sure the screens are identical before judging.

alexeismertin

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2005
Bristol, UK
ACD 20" vs imac 20"

There is a difference, I have both & no matter what you play around with the ACD is crisper. Also the ACD has even backlighting compared with the iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.