Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiniMoke

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
Black River, Mauritius
Here's my problem:

I am trying to do as much as possible from myiPad,and until now it's working like a charm. Pages, Numbers, iPhoto..... good stuff.

I am of course able to print wirelessly to my HP Officejet 6500 and a nice app from HP allows me to use it's scanner wirelessly as well.

Only thing still bothering me is faxing. The HP fax/printer driver does not show up on the iPad. Works OK on the Mac Mini btw.

Has anyone a solution for this other than the online fax services? I just want to be able to use the fax of the Officejet 6500!

rifusw

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
Faxing from your iPad

There is a solution for your problem: and it is called internet fax. The only thing you'll need is an Internet connection and an account with an online fax service. Consequently, you will be able to send and receive faxes on your iPad from the web interface or using related applications available in iTunes.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
The only thing I can think of is take a picture of what you are faxing, send it to your computer via email or dropbox then use an app like logmein to remote connect to your computer then of course use your computer to send the fax. Little more complicated than a simple iPad app but it isn't using an online service like you stated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.