PDA

View Full Version : ReadIrise ocr dropped from $37 to $11.99

ktmelvis
Apr 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
Has anybody used readiris ocr for ipad?, searches turn up zero and Im assuming the $37 price tag wasnt exactly a turn on, well the app has dropped to $11.99 and Im contimplating the purchase, Im just wondering if the app is any good as Im having trouble finding a reasonable review, I dont mind spending the $11.99or even $37, aslong as it does what its supposed to do.

jimi23
Apr 27, 2012, 05:28 AM
I find it excellent! I was frustrated not being able to highlight articles in papers, so looked into OCR and settled on this. It does take a while, and the interface can be clunky and difficult to understand at first
It does have a handy option to export as a pdf with the original images and the text, so youll be reading the document as it was before, however the text that it pulls out will be invisible but able to be copied and highlighted.
Just be warned that using the iPad camera the results weren't great. Probably 85%-90% accuracy when i tried. Stick to decoding scanned pages

ktmelvis
Apr 27, 2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks jimi23, Im going to pull the trigger and buy the app.

ktmelvis
Apr 27, 2012, 03:16 PM
I purchased the Readiris app, Im also using Readdles scanner pro, and together they work like a charm, I did get 100% on regular text pages, there were some bumps on other pages but knowing how to use the Readdle scan app really increases the accuracy, mind you Im also using a gen 3 iPad with the better camera, I just wish you could send the scan to oct directly (maybe Im missing something), but its not a big deal, just an extra step, the Readdle scanner pro does a nice job of setup and adjustment as to just clicking a pic with the camera.