Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
How big is your music library, and how much do you expect it to grow (or shrink) during the time you expect to keep that iPod before replacing it? Also, do you like to have all of your music with you, or just some hand-picked favorites? Those factors were what influenced my decision to purchase a 3G 40 GB iPod (which I've just started using again).

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
wrldwzrd89 said:
How big is your music library, and how much do you expect it to grow (or shrink) during the time you expect to keep that iPod before replacing it? Also, do you like to have all of your music with you, or just some hand-picked favorites? Those factors were what influenced my decision to purchase a 3G 40 GB iPod (which I've just started using again).

I have 3 GB of music, and will probably grow to about 10 GB by the end of the summer. I'm also a photographer. I also back up about 2 GB of files.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
iHateWindows said:
I have 3 GB of music, and will probably grow to about 10 GB by the end of the summer. I'm also a photographer. I also back up about 2 GB of files.
Unless you think you'll exceed 15 GB 1-2 years after you've purchased the iPod, the 60 GB model seems like overkill for you. The 20 GB model would be my choice.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
the 20gb is thinner and lighter in addition to less expensive, so unless you're planning on using more than 20gb, get the 20gb one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.