Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi,

Every time I open up Aperture and click on a project, the sorting is by Date or Manual. I want it to be by File Name, but even though I keep changing it, it still defaults back.

How do I set the default sorting order in Browser View?

/Bo

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2012
FWIW, the way it works for me is that it automatically remembers the sort options for each project.

If I set project1 to sort by filename, switch to project2 which is sorted by date, then switch back to project1, it'll switch back to filename since that was what it was sorted by last. Same if I exit and restart Aperture.

Also, switching between browser and split view retains the same sort method.

So, I think there's something wrong with your preferences. Google for how to delete aperture preferences and see if that helps.

Alternatively, provide exact steps of what you're doing and someone can tell you whether they have the same problem or if there's a different (better) way to do what you want without having the problem.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
And that is exactly how I waish it would work 100% of the time. However, I find that if I have "File Name" sort set on one project, and add pictures to it, it reverts to "Manual". I always add pictures with reference, i.e. holding down alt-cmd while dragging the pictures in the project.

/Bo

jabbott

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2009
I've noticed this behavior as well (it always reverts to manual sort), and haven't found a fix for it yet... I am using Aperture 3.2.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.