Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I ordered and received both the Invellop fake leather and the Jisoncase. They are really the same case with the Invellop being fake leather and the Jisoncase being real leather. I really like the style and function of the cases. However, both of the cases I received had issues. Hopefully the vendors will have good customer service and take care of the issues.

The Invellop had three stickers and all of them came off without a problem except for the one on the cover. This one came off but left a dark stain and of course it was on the cover where it is totally noticeable instead of on the case where it would have been covered up.

The Jisoncase had a nice feel to the leather. The style of the leather is distressed which isn't a problem but it looked like someone spilled their drink on it and tried to sop it up. Literally spotted all over the place.

I really like these cases and am hoping to get them replaced with good quality and not defective. If that happens, I should be a happy camper.

Last edited:

mr.thing

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
I have Invellop fake leather and also had one sticker that left some traces. But it was a sticker inside the case so I do not care too much. Otherwise, it's great case for the price, but I still want to buy and try Yoobao iSmart to compare.
Wondering if there is anyone who have both and can provide some comparison?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have Invellop fake leather and also had one sticker that left some traces. But it was a sticker inside the case so I do not care too much. Otherwise, it's great case for the price, but I still want to buy and try Yoobao iSmart to compare.
Wondering if there is anyone who have both and can provide some comparison?

Please post your opinion if you do get the Yoobao iSmart. I prefer the open bezel style of the Invellop and Jisoncase but would be interested in the iSmart if it fit tightly around the bezel with no gapping.

ColinYan

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2012
I ordered and received both the Invellop fake leather and the Jisoncase. They are really the same case with the Invellop being fake leather and the Jisoncase being real leather. I really like the style and function of the cases. However, both of the cases I received had issues. Hopefully the vendors will have good customer service and take care of the issues.

The Invellop had three stickers and all of them came off without a problem except for the one on the cover. This one came off but left a dark stain and of course it was on the cover where it is totally noticeable instead of on the case where it would have been covered up.

The Jisoncase had a nice feel to the leather. The style of the leather is distressed which isn't a problem but it looked like someone spilled their drink on it and tried to sop it up. Literally spotted all over the place.

I really like these cases and am hoping to get them replaced with good quality and not defective. If that happens, I should be a happy camper.

Hi, Could you please send pics of the defective case to tonny@jisoncase.com ?

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I got the Invellop in a chocolate brown for my iPad 3. The magnets on the cover works great, the fit is nice and mine didnt come with any stickers on it. Love the color and the case.

boraxatude

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
you might try using one of those suede erasers for any marks left on the inside from the stickers. that and put a little corn starch on the marks and leave for a few hours.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Could someone comment on their impressions of the Invellop case after using it for a while? Also, I am curious if there is any feature that keeps the cover open in book mode, similar to the way the Bridgeway case has a magnet on the back cover.

I like the style and color options of the Invellop and the price is great as well. Some have mentioned that the front cover magnets might not be strong enough and initiate the wake/sleep function too easily. Any thoughts from owners of this case?

Last edited:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Could someone comment on their impressions of the Invellop case after using it for a while? Also, I am curious if there is any feature that keeps the cover open in book mode, similar to the way the Bridgeway case has a magnet on the back cover.

I like the style and color options of the Invellop and the price is great as well. Some have mentioned that the front cover magnets might not be strong enough and initiate the wake/sleep function too easily. Any thoughts from owners of this case?

The Invellop is really a nicely designed designed case for the money. I only had two small issues with mine - stain from where the sticker was on the inside lining and wrinkled lining on the inside front cover where it comes by the hinge.

There is no strip on the back that holds the cover in the book mode. I used it for a couple of weeks and then sent it to my sister for her new iPad so I really can't speak for how well it is holding up. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't hold up well other than it's only held on the iPad by four corners and in other cases that has tended to cause cracking somethings. The case is covered by the faux leather so even if it did crack you probably wouldn't even see it.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
The Invellop is really a nicely designed designed case for the money. I only had two small issues with mine - stain from where the sticker was on the inside lining and wrinkled lining on the inside front cover where it comes by the hinge.

There is no strip on the back that holds the cover in the book mode. I used it for a couple of weeks and then sent it to my sister for her new iPad so I really can't speak for how well it is holding up. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't hold up well other than it's only held on the iPad by four corners and in other cases that has tended to cause cracking somethings. The case is covered by the faux leather so even if it did crack you probably wouldn't even see it.

Thanks for your helpful comments. I think I may just go with the Bridgeway as the book mode is great. Though, I do like the look of the Invellop case.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Thanks for your helpful comments. I think I may just go with the Bridgeway as the book mode is great. Though, I do like the look of the Invellop case.

I definitely would recommend the Bridgeway over the Invellop. I have the Bridgeway in green and black. Both are great but the black has a little bit of a stinky smell. Not bad but it's there. Whereas no smell with the green.

My two favorite cases are the Bridgeway and the Yoobao Executive. Not typically a fan of anything on the bezel but this case, the Yoobao, covers only half the bezel and it's 1.5 ounces less than the Bridgeway. Not that doesn't sound like much at all and really it's not but it just feels a lot lighter, namely 25% lighter.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
I definitely would recommend the Bridgeway over the Invellop. I have the Bridgeway in green and black. Both are great but the black has a little bit of a stinky smell. Not bad but it's there. Whereas no smell with the green.

My two favorite cases are the Bridgeway and the Yoobao Executive. Not typically a fan of anything on the bezel but this case, the Yoobao, covers only half the bezel and it's 1.5 ounces less than the Bridgeway. Not that doesn't sound like much at all and really it's not but it just feels a lot lighter, namely 25% lighter.

Yes, I prefer the Bridgeway in the other colors (particularly the blue version) over the black. That's interesting to know that it has a distinct smell. Probably has to do with a slightly different material composition or maybe the black stain used.

The nice thing about the Yoobao that you mentioned is the higher typing angle over the smart cover design cases. The same thing is true of the iLuv Ulster that I've been using. The higher angle is kind of nice when you are typing with the iPad on your lap.

How is the Yoobao for taking photos and video? Can you fold the cover in the back in such a way to have good access to the camera? Also, I've seen on video reviews that the cutout for the headphone jack has to be pulled down to allow you to insert the plug. How is it on yours?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.