Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8sian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
Came across this case, and wondering if anybody has any experience with it, or prior versions (i.e. iPad 1/2)? It has a hard polycarbonate back cover, and a origami type smart cover 9seuded inside), with 1 typing position and 1 viewing position. Appears the magnet closure is suppose to work with the sleep/awake function. Tried to find reviews but came up empty. Here's the link to it on the incipio case. http://www.incipio.com/new-iPad-Cases/Incipio-new-iPad-LGND-Hard-Shell-Convertible-Case.asp. Comments, personal experiences, anyone?

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
Had it for 4 hours and returned it. The cover is way too flimsy/soft, and didn't hold magnetically closed. The origami feature was OK, but again, I felt that the cover provided no protection as it is practically paper thin. I also didn't like that it was light grey on the inside. Should have been black microsuede.

YMMV, but I thought it was too expensive for what it was, and I was displeased with it almost as soon as I put it on my iPad. I had an iPad 2 Speck Fit Folio that I was using until I got the STM Grip. I much prefer the latter. I love the form factor, except that I don't like how the fingerprints show so much on the rubberized surface. It also has unique stand angles, which I am not sure are the best.

I'm still in search of the perfect case, but the Grip will certainly suffice for now.

8sian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for the info bilibug. Due to your review, I decided not to get the Incipio Lgnd. I had found it for $22 at an online store, and it would have only been temporary till I found a more preferential case. Instead I have decided to get the Ergo Stand and Cover from Monoprice for $13.21 for now - which seems to have gotten good reviews - and wait for more cases to be tweaked and released. At least for now, I will have something to protect my iPad and take my time looking for the "perfect" case. I think my head hurts from reading all the threads on new iPad cases. I've spent more time trying to pick a case than I did on the $600+ iPad itself.

Link for Ergo Stand and Cover if anybody is interested. http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10843&cs_id=1084902&p_id=9251&seq=1&format=2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.