PDA

View Full Version : DP3 update

atMac
May 1, 2012, 07:59 PM
Anyone have the new update to DP3? If so what have you noticed changed or improve?

Nielsenius
May 1, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'm noticing a few minor differences, such as a slightly modified Notification Center icon, Launchpad "Utilities" folder is now "Other", and the All My Files icon isn't showing up correctly (which is annoying).

q64ceo
May 1, 2012, 10:21 PM
Downloading apps from the App store now bounce into the Launchpad app. Downloads from Safari bounce into the directory that you choose it to instead of the Download frame

JuicyJones
May 1, 2012, 11:07 PM
Does it fix the HTML5 crashes or Private browsing? The new safari has a lot of issues.

vmachiel
May 2, 2012, 03:33 AM
I heard something about changes to mission control. Friend of mine said something about ungrouping app windows. Can anyone confirm this/tell me what it is exactly?

Thanks

rere
May 2, 2012, 03:36 AM
I am also looking for it

Cougarcat
May 2, 2012, 03:50 AM
I heard something about changes to mission control. Friend of mine said something about ungrouping app windows. Can anyone confirm this/tell me what it is exactly?

Thanks

Take a look at the comments on the DP3 news item. There are screenshots/info there.

ErikGrim
May 2, 2012, 06:17 AM
Is this an App Store/Software Update or a full new reinstall from apple dev install?

Simplicated
May 2, 2012, 06:54 AM
Is this an App Store/Software Update or a full new reinstall from apple dev install?

App Store.

Kuwait
May 2, 2012, 08:19 AM
yes i see new update size 1.45GB

Arianismmm
May 2, 2012, 02:49 PM
I've been downloading this
but when reached to 910mg download canceled and a popup show on and say : restart your system to install this update

when i've restart my system a warning show on : cannot install update osx mountain lion

how i can fix this ?

Have you seen this problem?

Kuwait
May 2, 2012, 03:30 PM
I've been downloading this
but when reached to 910mg download canceled and a popup show on and say : restart your system to install this update

when i've restart my system a warning show on : cannot install update osx mountain lion

how i can fix this ?

Have you seen this problem?

I've been downloading this and and update system have not any problem

daleski75
May 3, 2012, 12:36 AM
Does the update fix the issue with the font size reverting back to 12 on the finder all the time?

Stefdar
May 3, 2012, 02:06 AM
Does the update fix the issue with the font size reverting back to 12 on the finder all the time?

Nop.

q64ceo
May 3, 2012, 02:50 AM
Almost forgot. Mission control icons are back to their normal size

buchanmatt
May 3, 2012, 03:51 AM
I updated DP3 the other day and it crashed on startup. After a reboot it seemed to work alright and I was able to watch a 40 min tv show with no problems.
I closed the clamshell before I went to sleep and when I woke up it froze again. It's been freezing ever since.

I did a clean install of DP3 (wiped hard drive) but I restored apps from a time machine backup. I deleted a few programs that were launching at startup and tried the update again. Still freezing.

There must be a conflicting app somewhere and I haven't found this problem mentioned elsewhere on the net. I'm using an Early 2011 MBP with the hard drive caddy installed.

kemo
May 3, 2012, 01:07 PM
I updated DP3 the other day and it crashed on startup. After a reboot it seemed to work alright and I was able to watch a 40 min tv show with no problems.
I closed the clamshell before I went to sleep and when I woke up it froze again. It's been freezing ever since.

I did a clean install of DP3 (wiped hard drive) but I restored apps from a time machine backup. I deleted a few programs that were launching at startup and tried the update again. Still freezing.

There must be a conflicting app somewhere and I haven't found this problem mentioned elsewhere on the net. I'm using an Early 2011 MBP with the hard drive caddy installed.

How about to remove them all and if the system wont freeze then add one by one until it freeze again?

ErikGrim
May 3, 2012, 05:34 PM
App Store.

Odd. I'm not seeing it under updates :/

Chris Grande
May 3, 2012, 05:53 PM
Odd. I'm not seeing it under updates :/

Click "Software Update" under the Apple menu.

andrewpturko
May 5, 2012, 08:06 PM
Does it fix the HTML5 crashes or Private browsing? The new safari has a lot of issues.

I've been running the DP3 since the update release and haven't experienced any crashes so far. I used to experience an average of 2-3/day, so this looks like a fix.

...Looks like good news!

EDIT: WTH...The day I posted this I get a crash. I've been fine up until this point!!

ErikGrim
May 7, 2012, 01:27 AM
Click "Software Update" under the Apple menu.Worked. Cheers.

paul117
May 7, 2012, 05:31 AM
i attempted to install this update but when it asked to reboot i clicked restart went to installing the update then afew minutes later i get an error saying update failed reboot so i restarted again and went into app store but the update is no longer there, any ideas how to get it back? or is there a manual DMG to get this update?

buchanmatt
May 8, 2012, 06:51 AM
How about to remove them all and if the system wont freeze then add one by one until it freeze again?

Considered it but couldn't be arsed. I've reverted back to Lion but still curious to hear if anyone else has had the same or similar problem