Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Hello all, I am predicting that apple will add photo filters just like instagram to the camera app. The reason being is based on Phil Schiller's comments about instagram jumping the gun. Instagram could have/should have been an Apple feature and I bet Apple will add it to it's upcoming iOS update. :)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
His comment was "jumped the shark".

And he's right, but he's wrong on the reason, and the timeframe. Instagram "jumped the shark" mere moments after release or when you download and use it. The realization that after sharing a photo or two, that they are being raped down to 612 resolution when passing through their service.

Migrating to Android has nothing to do with it.

Maybe Apple will do it right.

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
Hello all, I am predicting that apple will add photo filters just like instagram to the camera app. The reason being is based on Phil Schiller's comments about instagram jumping the gun. Instagram could have/should have been an Apple feature and I bet Apple will add it to it's upcoming iOS update. :)

It would slow down the loading of the app and it's not their style. Besides, you have iPhoto for this kind of stuff.

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
If Apple can find a way to make the camera app load up faster and still have a way of storing some kind of filters in the camera app then yes they will. But Apple wants the camera app to keep on getting faster and faster loading up every time.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Bump!!! I was a year too early with this prediction. iOS 7 now provides photo filters

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.