PDA

View Full Version : Going Android could damage your health

tekno
May 2, 2012, 02:46 AM
After years of owning iPhones, the frustrations, tired design and lack of customisation got the better of me and I bought a Samsung S2. And it's an awesome phone in many more ways than the iPhone. Except one...

I noticed this morning I've put on a little weight and realised I haven't been running for a couple of months. Simple reason is that I can no longer use my Nike Plus GPS app. I didn't really see just how much of a motivation the Nike Plus app was.

In the space of two months I went from running for a total of eight minutes to running 10K three or four times a week.

eawmp1
May 2, 2012, 03:18 AM
You never needed your feather to fly.

Just do it.

matttye
May 2, 2012, 06:44 AM
One word: cardiotrainer.

Tarzanman
May 2, 2012, 06:59 AM
You must defeat Shen Long to stand a chance

GoCubsGo
May 2, 2012, 07:02 AM
I loved the Cardio Trainer app on my Droid. I also used Endomondo on the Droid before I found it for the iPhone. Both actually seemed to work a lot better than the Nike+ GPS. Often Nike+GPS doesn't locate me for some reason. I'm talking about the paid app.

lilo777
May 2, 2012, 11:02 AM
Your health was damaged long ago you just did not know it. It's all in your head. ;)

kevinof
May 2, 2012, 11:57 AM
Its just that Android is so much more productive than IOS so now you have all that spare time to sit and watch TV :)

After years of owning iPhones, the frustrations, tired design and lack of customisation got the better of me and I bought a Samsung S2. And it's an awesome phone in many more ways than the iPhone. Except one...

I noticed this morning I've put on a little weight and realised I haven't been running for a couple of months. Simple reason is that I can no longer use my Nike Plus GPS app. I didn't really see just how much of a motivation the Nike Plus app was.

In the space of two months I went from running for a total of eight minutes to running 10K three or four times a week.

Roessnakhan
May 2, 2012, 12:38 PM
Stop looking for excuses to explain your laziness - use Runkeeper.

nefan65
May 2, 2012, 12:43 PM
Put the stupid phone down, and just run. Sounds more like excuses to be lazy.

thekev
May 2, 2012, 12:48 PM
Rather than post a troll headline, you should be ask for suggestions on what might replace the lost functionality, assuming you're sticking with Android. While I can't help in that regard, someone on here will most likely have some advice. You're just approaching it in a very bad way.

mrsir2009
May 2, 2012, 01:47 PM
So you 'can't' exercise and have to get fat again because android doesn't have the same fitness app as iOS does? Either:

1. Get a different fitness app that is available for Android. I'm sure Nike+ isn't the only fitness app for smartphones.

2. Why do you need a fitness app to exercise anyway? Christ...