Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
The thing is I already had security questions setup already but it will not let me download anything.

The questions were stupid and did not even apply to me like my first car when I don't even drive. Then I still had to put my password in again.

Why did it bug me I had good questions but I was forced to change them.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
This has already been covered recently.

Apple has started requiring new security questions/answers.

As you say, the process is incredibly flawed. A lot of people won't be able to answer the questions and would have had better answers already.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
The answers I gave them were only one short word anyway. Many of the questions did not even apply to me and I could not even type my own questions which before the change I was able to.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I agree that it was hard to find questions I could actually answer. Who was my first teacher?? That's so long in the past that I don't remember. Buddies? Say what?

I also notice I now have to put in my Apple password after an iCloud auto-backup. Hmmm.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I had to set these up a couple of days ago, and I think one of the ones I chose was "first car". Am I supposed to type the make? The model? Both? And if I ever need to answer the question again, will I type it the same way?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I answered the questions on my iPhone and took a screenshot so I could remember them, but I forgot about all the pieces that now work together. I was surprised and somewhat amused to see that screenshot displaying as one of the photos on my AppleTV screensaver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.