PDA

View Full Version : Performa 550 Won't power

lpp71
May 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
I've got a newly acquired Perform 550 for use with my IIe card however I just picked it up from its Orignal owner (he paid 2400 new for it) I paid 50 with everything he just wanted it to have a good home. Not used in a year fine when put away. But now I put it in and flip the rear switch and I hear the monitor energize really quick but nothing else. (I know I have to use the keyboard switch as well, so I tried 3 different good keyboards) switch I add New PRAM battery, I toggle the power switch on the rear many times. I remember that the LC AIO series had some issue with this that wasnt a biggie but I don't remember the problem. Since it powers the monitor (charges it) I don't think it's the psu.

Ideas?

tayloralmond
May 2, 2012, 09:46 PM
I've got a newly acquired Perform 550 for use with my IIe card however I just picked it up from its Orignal owner (he paid 2400 new for it) I paid 50 with everything he just wanted it to have a good home. Not used in a year fine when put away. But now I put it in and flip the rear switch and I hear the monitor energize really quick but nothing else. (I know I have to use the keyboard switch as well, so I tried 3 different good keyboards) switch I add New PRAM battery, I toggle the power switch on the rear many times. I remember that the LC AIO series had some issue with this that wasnt a biggie but I don't remember the problem. Since it powers the monitor (charges it) I don't think it's the psu.

Ideas?

If you don't happen to get any answers here, you might want to post this to the "Apple Collectors" forum as well because the Performa 550 has a 68030 processor, not PowerPC.

lpp71
May 2, 2012, 10:47 PM
I thoguth about that before posting, but its not a Apple Collectable either, so this is the closest thing, and its only 1 year older then PPC

tayloralmond
May 2, 2012, 11:04 PM
I thoguth about that before posting, but its not a Apple Collectable either, so this is the closest thing, and its only 1 year older then PPC

Yeah, the Apple Collector's forum gets a lot less traffic too. I was just throwing it out there just in case noone here had an answer. It's definitely rare to get a Mac from that era in here.