Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
my first impressions:
a bit large but most of the extra size comes from the protective rubber- no worries if you drop this battery- the port covers are a bit challanging to open- the rubber cover that is screwed on with six allen head screws is a really nice industrial touch, HOWEVER no one tested to make sure that the screws actually hold the rubber tabs down ... the rubber tabs pop / streatch right out from underneath the screw heads... happened to me when I rubbed my thumb over the middle one of the center tabs and I had to take the screw out and then re-attach the tab.... the rubber is soft so it streatches right around the head of the screw which is crazy - clearly they had to have known this was going to happen- lucky that the rubber did not tear so I could put it back together- this is one of those design flaws that is totally mind boggaling- I'm anxious to see how many times I can charge my ipad / iphone with this- I got it mostly for camping so I can leave it in my tent or picnic table and not worry about running out of power for a few days- I think I'm going to somehow attach a belt chip and carabiner by replacing the allen screws with longer ones and a fabricated plate or ring ... this pack has some modification potential...add a sticker already....

Attachments

• powerstation.jpg
    powerstation.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 378

RickG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
enjoying this case- I no longer have to leave my phone in my truck when camping to charge- just leave it charging on picnic table.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.