Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
I posted this in the Community Discussion board but wanted to share here as well. I'm pretty happy with how this came out. Might not be everybody's cup of tea so I thought I'd post here to get additional reactions and opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 867
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5,300

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Its not my cup of tea but thats pretty cool. Where did you get it done?

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Its not my cup of tea but thats pretty cool. Where did you get it done?

Thanks! I had it done at a company local to me, somewhat near Plano, TX (Awards, Gifts & Engraving- Wylie, Tx agandeonline@gmail.com ). This work with them cost about $75 (includes artwork). However, they said that they would give a $15 discount for anyone mentioning MacRumors referral.

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
That's awesome, I'm thinking of doing something similar. Wish they weren't so far away (I'm in Michigan).

How long did it take?

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
That's awesome, I'm thinking of doing something similar. Wish they weren't so far away (I'm in Michigan).

How long did it take?

You can email them. I'm not sure how they would handle 'mail in' work but it may be an option.

The artwork took the longest and that was because I was trying to decide between 2 different images. That took about 3 hours I'm guessing. Next, the test outputs and such took about another 2 hours. Of course, I would imagine turn around would be dependent on their current workload so I'm sure they would indicate ETA in communications.

By the way, total time for my project completion was about 5-6 hours.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.