Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
I have and iPod Touch 4th Generation. I noticed today that although I deleted about 30 songs from my iTunes library, when I sync my iPod the songs remain on my iPod. How is this possible? Is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I know I can manually delete songs from my iPod by sliding on the song title and pressing delete but I don't remember every single song I deleted from my iTunes library so I might miss some songs. This is very frustrating! Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

:confused:

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
To make matters even more odd, I just deleted an album from my iTunes library as a test. When I finished syncing my iPod, the album I just deleted was removed from the iPod, but the original albums that won't go away are still there. This is so strange!

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
Ok even though I have been getting no replies ITT here is an update:

I plugged in my iPod and clicked on the "music" tab in iTunes, then I unchecked the "sync music" check box and deleted all the music off of my iPod. After that, I rechecked the "sync music" check box and did another sync and put all the music back onto my iPod. Then I deleted a few songs from my iTunes library and synced my iPod and the songs were removed from my iPod as well. So everything seems to be back in working order as of now. I still have no explanation as to what happened though.

Thisdayburns

macrumors newbie
I was having the same problem with my iPhone 4. With my situation I had added songs manually rather than syncing a playlist in iTunes. There is a section in iTunes where you can manually remove songs. You just have to go to your device, click on music and scroll past the part where you can sync playlists and artists etc. Felt like an idiot once I realised this. I guess I never scrolled down that far before lol

jroz

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Sounds like it might have been just a glitch. From what I remember, I think that happened to me once when I had a previous gen., and I did the same thing - removing all the music and re-syncing which fixed the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.