Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enaknivek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
I want to start using the Dvorak keyboard layout and want to move the keys to match it. Before anyone says I should leave them in qwerty and learn to touch type Dvorak, I've thought of that but I still want to move the keys because I am a visual kind of person and being able to see them will be a big help to me to learn the layout before I can touch type. Also it will look quite cool.

Question is, how do I remove and replace the keys safely? I've googled but found very little - the closest was an explanation for how to do it on the later model MBA, with a note saying that the keys were attached differently on previous versions, and since I have a previous version (2008) that's not much use to me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
Looks like this video might be of use. Although the complete silence makes it feel creepy. Just put some Dethklok on in the background and you'll be fine.

This video gives a little better explanation of re installing the scissor mechanism that may be under the keys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.