PDA

View Full Version : Are there any decent apps for blocking calls or texts?

beyondthesmile
May 4, 2012, 03:34 PM
Are there any decent apps for blocking calls or texts? Right now I do the whole "add to phone book, set so it rings silent" thing, but.. it's still kind of annoying. I may end up just changing my number but is there a blocking app?

fishkorp
May 4, 2012, 03:46 PM
Not possible without jailbreaking. You may be able to get your carrier to block numbers for you though. Many carriers do that.

beyondthesmile
May 4, 2012, 08:42 PM
Not possible without jailbreaking. You may be able to get your carrier to block numbers for you though. Many carriers do that.

Thank you very much. I'm not jailbroken. I will try contacting my carrier though. TY very much.

ideal.dreams
May 4, 2012, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately, apps approved to the App Store aren't able to modify the way the phone works.

Should you decide to jailbreak your phone, there certainly is a tweak that will allow you to do a number of things to callers you want to block. You can have it ring busy when they call, go straight to voicemail, ignore it completely, etc.

Calling your carrier may solve the problem but that sounds to me like it'd be more annoying then putting them in your address book & doing what you already do.

beyondthesmile
May 5, 2012, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately, apps approved to the App Store aren't able to modify the way the phone works.

Should you decide to jailbreak your phone, there certainly is a tweak that will allow you to do a number of things to callers you want to block. You can have it ring busy when they call, go straight to voicemail, ignore it completely, etc.

Calling your carrier may solve the problem but that sounds to me like it'd be more annoying then putting them in your address book & doing what you already do.

Thank you so much. I haven't bothered jailbreaking at this point. I guess for now I'll continue doing what I'm doing until I eventually get a new number (or jailbreak!). TY very much.