Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Europe calling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
The Netherlands
Hi,

Like may other users, i'm using airplay to play music to my stereo via AE. But it just isn't good enough, audio keeps dropping all the time.
Remarkable is that this only happens when i'm streaming audio through iTunes (10.6.1) from my mac. When i use Airplay straight from my iPad to stream an internet radio app i.e., it always works flawlessly, so i suspect iTunes of being the caveat here.
Remarkable too is that it never happens mid-song. It's always between two songs that it decides to no longer stream audio. In iTunes on my mac i can then see that the next song is playing. On my iPhone and iPad the 'remote' app too shows the song as playing, but audio has completely gone.
When i manually restart the song in iTunes on my mac, the audio comes back again, for another 3 songs or so, before it decides to go back to silent.

I have tried all the suggestions on these forums, but can only conclude that it must be some bug. It only happens when iTunes is involved. Other apps/programs using Airplay work fine.

I hope someone at Apple is following this forum, with Apple moving more towards entertainment hardware, this is definitely something hey have to look in to. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.