Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haarith :)

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I am considering to buy a MBA but i need something with large storage for all my HD movies... What is the maxium size hardrive/ssd that i can install by myself in there?

PodPacker

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
Are You Traveling Forward In Time?

Dude! Why would you want to store video on a small device? If you want to go "All Apple" then get a Time Capsule and drop all your large files on that or plug in a USB hard drive to an Airport Base Station. If you don't care, then just get a cheap WiFi router and USB HDD.
If you want them so that you can have them on the road, then you can buy one of those WiFi HDDs from Seagate (I still don't trust Seagate) or if you are savvy, set up VNC and remotely access your home drives. That's how us people from 2012 do it.

aph3x

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Reno, NV
One option I've used to carry media with me is using large SD cards that I can put in my MBA. You can pick up a 128GB SD for $150.

I have a NAS in my house that we store all of our movies on. I just hooked a SDCard reader to it and put the card in and then copy the movies I want and then stick it in my MBA. I've never had a problem watching movies and it doesn't affect battery life much at all.

Haarith :)

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks guys, iv decided not to get an air and go with a MBP just need to wait for the new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.