Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serendipidy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Hi Everyone
Got my new Mac-mini 2. 56 Ghz installed, has been running fine for last couple of months.
This morning whilst deleting e-mails it froze, so I unplugged it hoping this would do the trick, now it will not start up , all I am getting is an audible ' 3 bleeps', with the screen reading no signal.

Any ideas as to what I can do

serendipidy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Yes ....... when I got it it I took out the memory that was installed in it and put in 2 x 4GB of memory I bought of Amazon, The name escapes me but it was the make recommended on this site.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"Yes ....... when I got it it I took out the memory that was installed in it and put in 2 x 4GB of memory I bought of Amazon, The name escapes me but it was the make recommended on this site."

1. Take the new memory out, reseat it in the slots, close up, try again.

2. If that doesn't work, take the new memory out, put the original memory in, close up, try again.

serendipidy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
HI ......... Somehow it started up , but I got a message on the screen twice .
Press power key to shut down computer , then repress to start up .
This worked fine twice , but now once again both the mouse and tablet have froze........ So now I have the problem of shutting it down again and trying to find out why I have this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.