Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PolliSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Hi,

I've got a jailbroken iPad2, with iOS 5.0.1. Installed. I use XBMC a lot and I wanted to use it as an awesome portable media player, so I just got myself an HDMI digital adapter from apple store. When I tried it, I just get a pop-up that states "This accessory requires iOS upgrade". After talking to the Apple support, I found out that the newer HDMI adapters requires iOS5.1 to work, so I'm stuck.

After searching the web, I found a way of fooling applications to think 5.1 is installed by altering the SystemVersion.plist file on the iPad. I changed it according to the instructions, but I still get the same error message when I connect the HDMI cable.

Is there a way of fooling the cable that I have 5.1 installed, or do I have to wait for a jailbreak for 5.1 before I can use it?

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Thanks for the tip, but it didn't do the trick. The error message disappeard,but still no signal to my TV.

Hmm weird. Someone will probably have to write a tweak or something especially for this. Sorry I don't have any more ideas lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.