Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Hi there,

We are working on a new app but are unsure about one thing: can we make the app save photos in different resolutions?
For instance if the app creates a photo that should be used as a desktop background, then the resolution should be rather high. Whereas when the photo should be saved for the iPhone, the resolution should be different.

In other words, can we make the app save photos in another resolution than standard iOS?

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Apple offers it when you email a photograph, so it should be possible. I think you're using the wrong nomenclature though. I don't think it saves it as different "resolutions," just different sizes. You just need to make it the image smaller.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Apple offers it when you email a photograph, so it should be possible. I think you're using the wrong nomenclature though. I don't think it saves it as different "resolutions," just different sizes. You just need to make it the image smaller.

Okay cool, thanks for that :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.