Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBrickedMyPsp

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Title says it all, I'm just deciding which case would be best for charging your iPhone4. I

What do you think?

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Title says it all, I'm just deciding which case would be best for charging your iPhone4. I

What do you think?

I like the mophie juice pack plus. It gives you an additional 2000mAh and it's also a great case, although it adds bulk. There are two things to watch out for which are 1) the micro USB port can get loose if you're rough with it and 2) the case does ruin the camera flash for pictures (if that matters to you). I love the case anyway because in the end I still think it's much better quality than the others.

If you read the amazon reviews for the juice pack plus, you'll see a lot of comparable cases show up in the "similar products," queue. Check some of them out and read the reviews, you'll see that none of them really compare. I think the PhoneSuit may come closest, or perhaps the one from Incipio.

migdaddy

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2012
I like the mophie juice pack plus. It gives you an additional 2000mAh and it's also a great case, although it adds bulk. There are two things to watch out for which are 1) the micro USB port can get loose if you're rough with it and 2) the case does ruin the camera flash for pictures (if that matters to you). I love the case anyway because in the end I still think it's much better quality than the others.

If you read the amazon reviews for the juice pack plus, you'll see a lot of comparable cases show up in the "similar products," queue. Check some of them out and read the reviews, you'll see that none of them really compare. I think the PhoneSuit may come closest, or perhaps the one from Incipio.

The case ruins the camera flash? Mine doesnt. I have the mophie air. Whats the flash issue on yours?

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
The case ruins the camera flash? Mine doesnt. I have the mophie air. Whats the flash issue on yours?

I'm using the juice pack plus, not the air. The flash still works but because of the case, the flash reflects back into the lens and the pictures get messed up. Once you remove the case the problem goes away, but unfortunately you have to take off both pieces, since the top and bottom pieces are both covering that area.

migdaddy

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2012
I'm using the juice pack plus, not the air. The flash still works but because of the case, the flash reflects back into the lens and the pictures get messed up. Once you remove the case the problem goes away, but unfortunately you have to take off both pieces, since the top and bottom pieces are both covering that area.

Ohhh yeah I know what your talking about. Yeah looking at mine, I believe it does the same thing. Do all your pictures just come out white when the flash is on? Its a minor inconvenience.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Ohhh yeah I know what your talking about. Yeah looking at mine, I believe it does the same thing. Do all your pictures just come out white when the flash is on? Its a minor inconvenience.

Yeah exactly, the flash itself still works, the pictures are still visible and everything, but it's just enough reflection to ruin it and cause the pictures to be all whited-out or whatever. It doesn't actually annoy me since I almost never use the camera flash to take pictures, but it makes me wonder how Mophie missed it in the first place and so I do my best to point it out to other potential buyers.

Overall though I still prefer the case to all the other battery cases, but it's not perfect. Maybe that's why its price has dropped by about 30 bucks recently.

Last edited:

migdaddy

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2012
Yeah exactly, the flash itself still works, the pictures are still visible and everything, but it's just enough reflection to ruin it and cause the pictures to be all whited-out or whatever. It doesn't actually annoy me since I almost never use the camera flash to take pictures, but it makes me wonder how Mophie missed it in the first place and so I do my best to point it out to other potential buyers.

Overall though I still prefer the case to all the other battery cases, but it's not perfect. Maybe that's why it's price has dropped by about 30 bucks recently.

Yeah I dont mind either. Its a minor inconvenience for such a sweet accessory. Mine was $80 when I got it at the sprint store when I first got my phone a month ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.