Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
I always see guys here telling people to 'go to MRoogle', to 'look that up in MRoogle'. I see signatures saying 'gotta problem? search here first' then have a link to MRoogle.

But WHAT MRoogle? I click on these links and it comes up with some queer placeholding page? I google 'MRoogle' and nothing comes up?! Where IS this MRoogle that people bang on about?! WHERE??!!!

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
You might wanna use another word.

Also, e, the main MRoogle designer hasn't done an update. I don't know the current status, but it seems hosting is the issue.

Why? I was was under the understanding that it's a legitimate word for 'strange' as well as 'gay'.

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
I always see guys here telling people to 'go to MRoogle', to 'look that up in MRoogle'. I see signatures saying 'gotta problem? search here first' then have a link to MRoogle.

But WHAT MRoogle? I click on these links and it comes up with some queer placeholding page? I google 'MRoogle' and nothing comes up?! Where IS this MRoogle that people bang on about?! WHERE??!!!

Mroogle is a search engine for the forum 'MacRumors' that is powered by Google.

Queer is a word describing something strange. Homophobes use it to insult Gay people sometimes. Gay people shouldn't be offended when the word is used in a non-insulting context.

Next up:
Black pencils renamed to "pitch-dark colored pencils"?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
This is the wife of "e", the creator of MRoogle. MRoogle was pulled by Google for a breach of their terms and service. They refused to answer any questions detailing what was against their T&Cs. We don't understand their problem and we got nowhere with them so MRoogle is no more. Because of that the domain that hosted MRoogle has been let to expire. We would have been happy to keep the domain and updates going but Google saw to it that we couldn't. Sorry about all that. The MRoogle is no more.

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
This is the wife of "e", the creator of MRoogle. MRoogle was pulled by Google for a breach of their terms and service. They refused to answer any questions detailing what was against their T&Cs. We don't understand their problem and we got nowhere with them so MRoogle is no more. Because of that the domain that hosted MRoogle has been let to expire. We would have been happy to keep the domain and updates going but Google saw to it that we couldn't. Sorry about all that. The MRoogle is no more.
Good luck to you! I'm sorry google isn't a less evil company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.