Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chhoda

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
i remember reading somewhere that iOs 5.0 sdk we can develop and test in app purchase in simulator. Does anybody have a tutorial / procedure to point to ?

to be more precise, i dont have a paid developer account as yet neither i have a device, how to program and test inapppurchase ?

thanks in advance
ch

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
1 google search, first topic..
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2846702/how-can-i-run-the-apple-storekit-in-the-simulator

Tadaaa.
It's not the same to test, because you need an Actual device AND a developer license to actually activate the in app purchases for your project so it can connect to the server.. If you want to make iPhone apps to make money, then I should recommand just investing some money into an small ipod touch & developers license so you can get some real testing, also for memory this is really handy.

chhoda

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Thanks a lot,

it is not about making money, the problem here is device is at onsite and senior people here in this large corporate are ignorant enough to ask me find out ways, which they presume is there to resolve in app purchase ! I thought it is better to cross verify.

if the developer account is taken, is it possible to test in simulator first and then send code to somebody at onsite to test in device ?

ch

Carob

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
i remember reading somewhere that iOs 5.0 sdk we can develop and test in app purchase in simulator. Does anybody have a tutorial / procedure to point to ?

to be more precise, i dont have a paid developer account as yet neither i have a device, how to program and test inapppurchase ?

thanks in advance
ch

Yep, with iOS 5 StoreKit now works in the simulator. That link is obsolete information, unless you're trying to work in an iOS4 simulator. There's nothing special you need to do with iOS 5. Implement in app purchase in your app and as long as your testing in an iOS 5 simulator StoreKit will work as though you're on a device. No more "StoreKit is not supported on the simulator" messages.

chhoda

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Thanks a lot,

is there a readymade storekit tutorial which i can quickly try ? But it still requires a paid developer account, right ?

regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.