Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aminohelix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2012
I have an apple tv 2 and it's currently on ios 5.1 build 4099. I want to use air mirroring which requires beta 2 and above. I got the beta ipsw, AppleTV2,1_5.0_9B5141a, but it doesn't allow me to restore with that build in itune.

does anyone know this problem? thank you

Attachments

• ishot-1.jpg
    ishot-1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 129

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
If you're not a developer and you're probably not just ignore random torrent software you find online. You don't need it and it won't do anything for you.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
can you explain a little more?

Sure. Don't do it. Just restore it to factory firmware, beta will offer you nothing and will have bugs. It's for developers or Apple internal use.

Air Mirroring works with the stock ATV2 firmware. You need an iPad 2/3 for this feature to work.

aminohelix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2012
Sure. Don't do it. Just restore it to factory firmware, beta will offer you nothing and will have bugs. It's for developers or Apple internal use.

Air Mirroring works with the stock ATV2 firmware. You need an iPad 2/3 for this feature to work.

no, i was saying Air Mirroring for Moutain Lion. With that, i need apple tv iOS 5.1 beta 2 and above.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Well there you go. Do a fresh install of Lion and don't be tempted by the beta honeypot that traps so many kiddies, whom all seem to come here to complain something or other is busted in the beta.

Apple Betas are meant for software developers to test their apps on.

PS Time Machine works great, BETAs not so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.