PDA

View Full Version : Clean install 10.7.4

diegobgr
May 10, 2012, 07:33 AM
Hi.

I just clean installed 10.7.3. Everything looks fine. I also have a thumb drive if something wrong happens.

I created the boot drive and we I installed, 10.7.4 was available in MAS, so it was like "d'oh!".:(

I see that 10.7.4 is out. As I haven't started yet to install the apps, it has any sense to clean install again with 10.7.4 to start with it?

I ask about the improvements in security due to "flashgate".

What do you think?

tersono
May 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
Pointless clean installing yet again. Just install the update

diegobgr
May 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
No differences in Flash security?

Any more opinions?

Thank you!

katewes
May 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
If it was me, even though you've clean installed 10.7.3 -- I would still do a clean install of 10.7.4, particularly as you said you have not yet installed any apps yet.

The reason is, if you search for comments on the performance of Lion 10.7.3, it wasn't all that great. Search for:

Apple Lion buggy 10.7.3
Apple Lion slow 10.7.3
Apple Lion "very slow" 10.7.3
Apple Lion crashing 10.7.3

i.e. the earlier 10.7.3 still had problems.

Moreover, doing a clean install is only a matter of a few hours, and you set it going and do other things.

Look, it's up to you, but I'd rather get everything off to a better start - especially since it is not a major effort, since you haven't installed apps yet.

TallGuyGT
May 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
I've been waiting for 10.7.4 to do a clean install myself. Given all the time it takes to do a true clean install with apps, I'm hoping that will keep me from being an early adopter of ML. I'm usually happy with OS X releases around 10.x.4, and I usually wish I hadn't installed OS X releases at 10.x.0.

I assume that all of Apple's iLife and iWork apps will be updated to fully support iCloud and ML. While the new features will likely be very cool, I think I'd rather wait a few .x releases for all the bugs to be worked out.

But I can be very impatient with these things ...

diegobgr
May 10, 2012, 01:41 PM
I've been waiting for 10.7.4 to do a clean install myself. Given all the time it takes to do a true clean install with apps, I'm hoping that will keep me from being an early adopter of ML. I'm usually happy with OS X releases around 10.x.4, and I usually wish I hadn't installed OS X releases at 10.x.0.

I assume that all of Apple's iLife and iWork apps will be updated to fully support iCloud and ML. While the new features will likely be very cool, I think I'd rather wait a few .x releases for all the bugs to be worked out.

But I can be very impatient with these things ...

Me too. Due to that, I have been with some troubles with the OS. I have learned a lesson.

I will go 10.7.4 then.

When I say install apps, I refer to log in and download from Mac App Store. Easy and fast.;)