PDA

View Full Version : iBooks versus Kindle App

dwin77
May 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
Which does a better job of handling illustrations and maps - and if one is better, is it enough to chose it over the other?

Thanks!

palpatine
May 10, 2012, 11:54 PM
Which does a better job of handling illustrations and maps - and if one is better, is it enough to chose it over the other?

Thanks!

if it is a pdf, ibooks, but i prefer iannotate. if it is an ebook, it depends on how well the publisher put it together, but probably ibooks again.

amazon is where i buy and read most of my ebooks (a couple were unavailable in amazon, but available in itunes). the kindle app is great. but neither compare favorably with dedicated pdf apps like iannotate.

pdubzz
Jul 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
I don't understand why apple has to keeps mac and iOS at odds with each other. Their ibooks is only available to iOS devices and not the mac desktop. I can use kindle in on just about any platform with synced reading. Also, ibooks has a somewhat limited selection and their prices are almost alway higher. To me it's a no brainer to use kindle.

mrjayviper
Jul 22, 2012, 03:54 AM
I buy my books from amazon and convert then to ePub using calibre just because I tried iBooks recently and beginning to prefer it.