PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Lion, experience Chome using 90% of your CPU

0dev
May 11, 2012, 04:12 PM
That's what happened to me anyway. I did a "clean upgrade" from Snow Leopard to Lion (backed my stuff up with Time Machine, wiped my MacBook's HD, clean installed Lion, restored my home folder, apps, and system settings during the post-install system setup) and it all seems to be working fine apart from Chrome which likes to use all of my CPU. It often happens randomly after I've been using it for a few minutes and only stops when I quit Chrome.

I've tried repairing my permissions and rebooting, no luck. My extensions are HTTPS Everywhere, AdBlock Plus, Reddit Enhancement Suite, s/keyboard/leopard, YouTube Ratings Preview, and (these ones are by Google) Google +1 Button and Keep My Opt-Outs. The issue doesn't seem to correlate with going on any particular website.

I guess the next step would be to reset the whole app but I'd prefer not to lose bookmarks, extensions, settings and such, so if there's anything else I can try that'd be great.

Thanks!

PurrBall
May 11, 2012, 04:20 PM
Did you try disabling all your extensions? If the problem goes away, re-enable them one-by-one to see which one it is.

0dev
May 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
I might have to try that. It seems that relaunching Chrome seems to fix the problem temporarily for now anyway, but next time I'll disable some extensions and see what happens. It all worked fine on SL.

In the mean time, are there any Chrome related files I can remove without having to set things up again? Caches, plist files, stuff like that. If one of those got corrupted it could be causing my problem methinks.

throAU
May 13, 2012, 10:45 PM
If you haven't patched up to 10.7.4, do so...

0dev
May 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
I was on 10.7.4, installing all the updates was the first thing I did.

I fixed this problem in the end by just clearing cookies and plugin data. Not seen the issue since :)

0dev
Jun 17, 2012, 06:10 AM
The issue's decided to come back again now, anyone got advice? :confused:

Icy1007
Jun 17, 2012, 10:39 PM
Use Safari?