Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAppleseed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2011
I told Siri to "Remind me to pick up my dress on my way to work" and then she said "There's no other like me."
Then I said "I'm in the mood for italian food" then she said "Are you?".
Then I said "Tell <contact name here> to meet me at 10" then she said "Ok, I will tell them when I see 'em."
Then I said "How do I get home?" then she said "First tell me why you want it."
And finally, I said "Meet with <contact name here> for coffee at 2 today" then she said "I lost my train of thought."

To some of you thinking that this is just impossible and I'm a troll, well, I'm not. It may sound unbelievable (to me too), but it really is happening.

Anyways, Siri started to give me offensive responses. I asked her what music I should listen to, and she said "I like electro music, and Drum and Bass, but ******* dubstep!". I'm not a dubstep listener/fan, but for a dubstep fan, this is seriously insulting.

Not only that, she fails to accept my orders.
I asked her to "Show me the Apple store" and she said "Where do you want me to show you". I mean really, now. It doesn't even make sense. Of course she has to show me that on the Map, where else can it be?

To make this easier for me to type, here's my Commands and her Responses:
Command | Response
Remind me to get coffee at 2 | What is your first name?
Search the web for Mac OS | Try an open source search engine to search for it. I'll ask around and get back to you

Set up a meeting at 9 | Cannot set meta predicates
Find a coffee near me | Did you lose it?
How many days until Christmas | 365 per year
What is Apple's PE Ratio? | I have to think about that one for a while.
New email to <contact> | Are you a man or a woman?
How many calories are there in <any food> | About one million / More than you can imagine
How long do dogs live? | It depends on the measurement system.
What is Microsoft's address? | Microsoft is a giant software monopoly.
Google the second world war. | Maybe my knows the answer.
New appointment with <contact> at 3. | What is your first name?

Did this happen to anyone before, or is it just me?
I strongly believe this is a software problem, so how do I fix it?

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg

I told Siri to "Remind me to pick up my dress on my way to work" and then she said "There's no other like me."
Then I said "I'm in the mood for italian food" then she said "Are you?".
Then I said "Tell <contact name here> to meet me at 10" then she said "Ok, I will tell them when I see 'em."
Then I said "How do I get home?" then she said "First tell me why you want it."
And finally, I said "Meet with <contact name here> for coffee at 2 today" then she said "I lost my train of thought."

To some of you thinking that this is just impossible and I'm a troll, well, I'm not. It may sound unbelievable (to me too), but it really is happening.

Anyways, Siri started to give me offensive responses. I asked her what music I should listen to, and she said "I like electro music, and Drum and Bass, but ******* dubstep!". I'm not a dubstep listener/fan, but for a dubstep fan, this is seriously insulting.

if these really did happen, then i'm sure you will be able to provide audio proof of it happening.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
People try to use Siri? I gave up on that ages ago. Much easier just to do everything the manual way.

As for your story, I'm calling shenanigans.

iAppleseed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2011
How can I even record Siri? I can't provide a pic since you would call it photoshopped. I am on an iPhone 3GS running Siri via proxy. This isn't a 4S.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
What do you mean? Where's the fix?

you're using a hacked version of SIRI running on a device that SIRI doesn't officially support.

speak to the person that provides the hacked SIRI service you have installed.

s2law

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
I have a 4S and mine is also saying cannot set meter predicates when trying to add a reminder. It asked me who is my favourite robot and something about it's bot master making it want to wear a dress! I can video this if required... But I do have a 4S and am annoyed that I can't set reminders anymore without Siri talking a load of crap! Anyone else had this... With a 4S?

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
I have a 4S and mine is also saying cannot set meter predicates when trying to add a reminder. It asked me who is my favourite robot and something about it's bot master making it want to wear a dress! I can video this if required... But I do have a 4S and am annoyed that I can't set reminders anymore without Siri talking a load of crap! Anyone else had this... With a 4S?

have you jailbroken and are you using a siri proxy ?

surej96

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
I think I've seen this before... You installed a bad Siri tweak in cydia... To fix it you need to uninstall it... I don't remember the name of the tweak but I do remember its activated by saying "Lets Chat"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.