Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azribohari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
I recently installed Win 7 on a 90GB partition on my macmini. Below are the specs of my macmini.

2.3Ghz Intel i5
RAM 4GB (i upgraded it from 2GB)
*i think this model was released in 2011 or 2010. The latest update, with thunderbolt.

I installed MW3 on steam, but i lag terribly. it failed when i try to play campaign. i havent even started playing, it keeps on crashing after playing the plot videos. Are there any way i can optimize my macmini or is the problem originate from the software (game).

Please help!

shortcut3d

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2011
The OP is using the base 2011 Mac mini with integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics. Fortunately, he upgraded to 4GB of RAM which I believe puts him at 384MB of shared vRAM. The game settings or bootcamp drivers are likely the problem because I can play Rage in OSX on my 2011 Mac mini server with the same integrated graphics.

-Check the latest Intel drivers are installed. There are good WHQL certified drivers available through Windows Update.

-Lower the resolution and turn off anti-aliasing.

-Control Panel > Power Options > Adjust plan settings > Advanced... Set the graphics option to Maximum Performance. The Intel driver status bar icon also allows this adjustment and more.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
not the best mini for your needs. has intel 3000 graphics so so. try changing resolution of your screen. if you have a 1920 by 1080 you may want to lower it to 1600 by 900.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.