Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
I have searched, but have not seen a specific answer to the following:

I have a Mini, running Lion.

I am trying to figure out the best way to cut cable. I would like to be able to go to various websites (CBS.com for example) and watch full episodes of NCIS, but not have to watch them on the monitor. Is there a way, short of hooking up the Mini directly to my TV, to do this? Would this work using Airplay through an ATV3 to my flatscreen tv? Does Airplay support streaming internet video from a network website or only content downloaded using ITunes?

I have been trying to as much research on this as possible, but I always value hearing from peeps who have already had some experience in this area.

Thanks in advance.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I have searched, but have not seen a specific answer to the following:

I have a Mini, running Lion.

I am trying to figure out the best way to cut cable. I would like to be able to go to various websites (CBS.com for example) and watch full episodes of NCIS, but not have to watch them on the monitor. Is there a way, short of hooking up the Mini directly to my TV, to do this? Would this work using Airplay through an ATV3 to my flatscreen tv? Does Airplay support streaming internet video from a network website or only content downloaded using ITunes?

I have been trying to as much research on this as possible, but I always value hearing from peeps who have already had some experience in this area.

Thanks in advance.

You will be able to do this with Mountain Lion once it's released. In the meantime, I use AirParrot. http://airparrot.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.