PDA

View Full Version : Free HD video player?

JazzyStahh
May 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any free Video player out there for the iPad that can handle 720/1080P video files? Most are MKV and MP4. They are mostly 4GB+.

I am currently using FlexPlayer which is pretty much very basic and handles 2GB files quite nicely but I want a player that can handle 4-7GB.

Any recommendations will be great!!! Thanks.

Menneisyys2
May 14, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any free Video player out there for the iPad that can handle 720/1080P video files? Most are MKV and MP4. They are mostly 4GB+.

I am currently using FlexPlayer which is pretty much very basic and handles 2GB files quite nicely but I want a player that can handle 4-7GB.

Any recommendations will be great!!! Thanks.

You might want to read my posts here at MacRumors - I've devoted several posts to this q.

In a nutshell:

1. you either jailbreak and use XBMC or MUST remux the MKV files into MP4 ones.

2, use a player with HW decoding to play back MP4 files.

(3, forget FlexPlayer, it's one of the worst players out there. In my prev posts and a lot of my articles I've talked about it quite a lot.)

mikeo007
May 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
GPlayer works pretty well. It's not free right now, but i did get it for free at some point and have used it ever since. Keep an eye on some of the more popular apps for when they drop in price, you should be able to find something good for free or cheap.