Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
The past few days my MBA 11 has been acting up. I will walk away from it and have a webpage open or something then I come back and the screen is black (i figure it just went to sleep or something) so I try to click the track pad or hit a key to wake it up, but nothing happens. The screen stays black. I can hear it running, but I can't do anything to get it to activate. The only thing that works is resetting it via the power button. It has done this both while plugged in and not plugged in. Any ideas?

Medic278

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2012
New York
The past few days my MBA 11 has been acting up. I will walk away from it and have a webpage open or something then I come back and the screen is black (i figure it just went to sleep or something) so I try to click the track pad or hit a key to wake it up, but nothing happens. The screen stays black. I can hear it running, but I can't do anything to get it to activate. The only thing that works is resetting it via the power button. It has done this both while plugged in and not plugged in. Any ideas?

I could be wrong but it sounds logic board related you may want to head over to the genius bar and have them take a look at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.