PDA

View Full Version : Notifications appearing on Lion?

chriscrk
May 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
I don't know if I missed something, or if I'm wrong, but since yesterday, I've been having notifications pop up on the top right corner of my screen, under the menu bar. There was an update for the Growl app, and a grey square popped up on the top right, informing me of it. Same happened when I finished downloading a torrent, it told me on a notification when it had finished (that has never happened before).

Edit: I just realised they're not in the same style as the one's previewed on Mountain Lion. But I still don't understand why they're suddenly popping up, when it never has done before.

Hardtimes
May 15, 2012, 04:11 PM
same

Mal
May 15, 2012, 04:27 PM
It's Growl, not anything in the OS. It may be alerting you to it's updates in a different style than what you have chosen as default.

jW

chriscrk
May 15, 2012, 08:27 PM
It's Growl, not anything in the OS. It may be alerting you to it's updates in a different style than what you have chosen as default.

jW

Oh right! Thanks :)

Hardtimes
May 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
Pretty sure I completely removed Growl after they started hassling me for paid options...

gentlefury
May 16, 2012, 11:25 AM
Pretty sure I completely removed Growl after they started hassling me for paid options...

Same here