Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Fun topic, but what are some games that you wish would be made for the iPad? Keeping in mind such games like Crysis isn't realistic, but I for one would love to have Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 made for the iPad. I believe they would work great for a touch screen as well.

What are your thoughts?

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Fallout 1&2
Planescape Torment

Most of all, a full Football Manager game. That alone would basically rid me of the need for any other iPad game. The iPad/iPhone game is very good, but very much FM Lite and not a substitute for the real thing.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Fun topic, but what are some games that you wish would be made for the iPad? Keeping in mind such games like Crysis isn't realistic, but I for one would love to have Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 made for the iPad. I believe they would work great for a touch screen as well.

What are your thoughts?

I'd go for about any decent PC-based RPG games with an isometric view and touch controls. Diablo 2 is a great example, but the entire Neverwinter Nights series (Forgotten Realms AD&D by Bioware from 2002) would make an excellent port to the iPad.

XCom would be welcome as well.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
Xenogears. Seriously, I have wanted this for the longest time. They don't even have to fix this unfinished game. Just port it!

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
Roller coaster tycoon. With multi touch it would be more fun than on computer. But who knows, if it were on iOS, it would have been ruined by tons of in-app purchases already probably.

dancj

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, Lemmings is a good choice. I've often wondered why that game isn't already on iOS. I assume there just be some kind of rights issue stopping them doing it.

karlwig

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008

What are your thoughts?

Great thread.

I miss more ports of real-time strategy games or just some great new ones. . This is one of those genres that actually works BEST on a touch-based interface. Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Empires, a proper Red Alert... Bring it on!!!

iPad versions of Myst and Riven of course (what are they waiting for??). And Myst III and IV too!

I'm still looking for that really great platformer. LittleBigPlanet could work really well on the iPad I think.

Also I miss ports of those great Sierra games; Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, Police Quest... but I heard those were in the works! I'd pay good money for a Sierra App with a bunch of great old games.

GTA: Vice City and San Andreas would be great, and we already know the iPad can handle the graphics. I do think Rockstar will release this in time.

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
Great thread.

I miss more ports of real-time strategy games or just some great new ones. . This is one of those genres that actually works BEST on a touch-based interface. Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Empires, a proper Red Alert... Bring it on!!!

iPad versions of Myst and Riven of course (what are they waiting for??). And Myst III and IV too!

I'm still looking for that really great platformer. LittleBigPlanet could work really well on the iPad I think.

Also I miss ports of those great Sierra games; Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, Police Quest... but I heard those were in the works! I'd pay good money for a Sierra App with a bunch of great old games.

GTA: Vice City and San Andreas would be great, and we already know the iPad can handle the graphics. I do think Rockstar will release this in time.

How come it works best? I can think of no way it works without two buttons/keys, and without precise point and click. I'd say it's the least possible genre to work as best on touch based interface, unless the whole gameplay is totally changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.